Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gluten free desserts



I am obsessed with GF desserts recently. I want to find things that are just as good as "regular" desserts, and easy to make. I made this fruit pizza using a GF sugar cookie recipe I found here. Then I topped with creme cheese frosting (I am also obsessed with cream cheese frosting...) and cut up fruit. Easy Peasy. Beautiful and delicious. But my ultimate favorite are my teeny flourless chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (...toldja.) I have been mixing different frostings. These are nutella banana and cinnamon. Yum. Here is my fool proof flourless chocolate cake recipe. I made it up, and it makes super yummy, rich, amazing little cupcakes. A perfect vehicle for cream cheese frosting.

Dede's Flourless chocolate cupcakes
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (I love Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl covered in plastic wrap. Be careful to not burn! In my microwave it takes 90 seconds. Stir to mix completely. Add sugar, mix completely. Add eggs, mix completely. Add cocoa (sifting works best, but if you don't have a sifter, just dump it in there.) Stir just until mixed. Spray mini muffin pan with Pam. Spoon mix into mini muffin pan (makes 24.) Bake until crust forms and slightly cracks. In my oven, this takes about 20 minutes. Pull out muffin pan and set on cooling rack for 5-10 minutes. Use the back of a spoon, a tart maker, or the bottom of a fruit/herb muddler to push indents into top of cupcakes. (To fill with frosting.) Use a knife to loosen and pull muffins out. Leave muffins on cooling rack. When completely cool, use decorator or frosting bag to fill indent with frosting.

Frosting recipe
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
3-5 tablespoons powdered sugar
flavoring of your choice; in the past I have used 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 overripe banana and 1/4 cup nutella, cinnamon oil and red hots, 1/2 cup coconut/pecan frosting, vanilla bean, fresh crushed strawberries.....the possibilities are endless!!!

See the pin here http://pinterest.com/pin/165548721/ Follow me on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment